I used the Circle Skirt tutorial from Made. After cutting my red print fabric, I used the same pattern to cut four circles of tulle as an underskirt for each dress. This is what gave the skirts a great poof-factor. My girls loved twirling in them. When cutting the tulle, I eyeballed it at about 1 1/2" longer than the pattern because I wanted it to peek out from under the red fabric. After washing the tulle scrunched up a bit as you can see in the picture above, but still works and peeks out a bit when worn.
I tried out my new rolled-hem foot. It worked like a charm! I still need a bit more practice as I noticed a few spots I didn't turn under completely and unraveled a bit when washed, but overall it went great.
Success! They wore them and loved them! Definitely worth the effort before heading south to the "Happiest Place On Earth".