After Sew South my sewing room was a disaster. I just unloaded my bags and dumped stuff everywhere. There was no room to sew. I decided before I could jump into a new project, I had to clean up around here.
I should have taken some wider shots during the actual cleaning process. It was pretty amazing how deep it was in here. I unloaded each drawer and sorted everything. I ended up throwing out a whole garbage bag of stuff. My little sewing area is small, and I have to stay on top of it, or pretty soon it becomes almost unusable. In addition to a clean and organized sewing room, my machine is back from a trip to the spa and works so much better. She gets really grumpy when it's been too long. Now she's good as new! Finally, I need to make new labels for my bins as I have changed up my system a bit. That will be a project for next week when the kids are back in school.
Finally, on the design wall this week! Here is a peak at my App Quilt.
This quilt was inspired by a drawing my daughter made of a pretend cell phone. Each colorful square was for an app on her "phone". I loved how it looked and almost immediately started turning it into a quilt. I actually intend to write this one up into a pattern. It's a simple design and beginner friendly. I have realized I miss writing patterns. I hope to get two completed before summer hits (when nothing will be accomplished for three months). More on the App Quilt soon!