I managed to get something done in my evenings this past week! That feels like a huge accomplishment considering the crazy days around here.
My SIL commissioned me to do quilts for each of their kids. This is the last of the three for their youngest little guy. Here is his big sister's quilt and his big brother's quilt. My SIL wanted the boys' quilts to coordinate, but not match. Her request on this second quilt was simply something with plaid and left the design up to me. I've actually been putting this quilt off for a while because I was dreading designing it and putting it together. I knew exactly how I wanted to design it, and I thought it would be a beast. There is no repetition in this quilt and all pieces had to be cut for their specific location. Surprisingly, this was probably the fastest large quilt top I've ever made. It came together in just a few days, just working mostly in the evenings.
I'm so happy with how it came out. I think it will look great on his bed. It's a large twin at about 70" x 90". I didn't have quite enough fabric for the backing so that is currently on order. I'm now considering my plans for the quilting. I intend to quilt each fabric with matching thread which will require many starts/stops, particularly on the blue. I'll get really good at hiding my threads.
On a side note I noticed things are actually growing in my garden. I'm pleasantly surprised by this considering I'm not a gardener by any means.