This bag uses the exact same arrangement of fabric as my first, only in a different colorway. I think this fabric is just so pretty. Also on this bag I used a double layer of cotton duck for the bag body interlining. I really like how sturdy it is. It was still hard to sew some of the seams, but at least I didn't break any needles this time!
On the back of these two bags, I subdivided the pocket panel into three pockets instead of two like my first bag. After using my bag, I found the larger pockets gape just a bit.
This next bag uses Bekko, which can be found from Julie at Intrepid Thread (who is having 15% off through Saturday night, btw. Code ANNIVERSARY2).
I love the green zippers! I only used one layer of cotton duck on this bag, but I did add a layer of the duck into the zipper pouch this time. It adds stiffness inside the bag keeping it's interior shape a bit better. Overall I'd prefer the extra stiffness in the bag body though. I also didn't include a key fob on this bag. The one thing that bothers me is how the weight of it pulls down on the top seam. I'm still debating on how much I like having the key fob in the design.
I wanted to see how this bag looks when the body is made from just one fabric. I think this one looks a bit more classy, although I'd have no problem carrying around the pink one as well.
Instructions begin Monday! Fabric and supply list are found here.