I finished this quilt about a month ago, but haven't been able to take reasonable pictures until just the other day. This quilt was a practice in improv piecing. I enjoyed just winging it with this project. I pulled in various navy, green and neutral prints and solids. It was just a fun experiment in both color and piecing. This not a combo I've used before, but I really like them together. I worked on this project over a couple months when I felt the need for something different. The finished size is about 55" square.
I chose not to square this quilt when I finished quilting it. Rather I trimmed it along the lines of the designs. The edges aren't overly wonky, but I like the effect it adds.
I used this project as a practice piece for FMQ after I took Angela Walters' class on Craftsy. I tried out several different designs. Some I really enjoyed doing, others not so much. I love the wood grain design, but found it incredibly difficult on a domestic machine.
It's bound in one of my favorite Joel Dewberry prints that works so perfectly for bindings.