The newest issue of Modern Quilts Unlimited arrived in my mailbox yesterday! I was particularly excited because I have a quilt and pattern on page 28.
I really love this quilt. I certainly don't say that about all my projects, but this one just works for me. I loved working on it. The creative process for this quilt was just so fun for me. It finishes at about 45" x 50" so I plan to use it as a wall hanging. I am beginning the process of creating a pattern for a larger version which will be available down the road a bit.
This quilt was inspired by a simple DIY wood stamp wrapped in yarn. When I saw it, I knew it would be perfect for a quilt. I added the center improv block because it felt the quilt needed a focal point.
Just one day before I had to ship this to the publisher, I decided I hated my original quilting. I ripped out everything in the center improv block and completely redid it. I also added a significant amount of quilting to the borders. I like it much, much better now.
I used Oakshott Ruby crossweaves that were provided by Mr. Oakshott himself. I love these fabrics. They aren't my normal fabrics, but they are amazing. The colors are shimmery and very striking. I saved every tiny scrap for a project you'll see at the end of next week.
If I can get my act together, this quilt is headed off to QuiltCon in a couple weeks!
Have a great weekend!