I created this quilt using the same method as my last bubble quilt.
I used two flat sheets for the top and bottom of the quilt and appliqued all the bubbles using pebble quilting. First I spray basted the quilt sandwich. Then I arranged the circles to get an idea of placement. I gathered them back up and started working on just a few circles at a time. I spray basted these as well, but only about 8-10 at a time. I used almost 2000 meters of thread on this guy I did have some eyelashing on my back quilting. I normally don't have this issue with my machine and can't decide if my machine just didn't like quilting through two sheets or if my tension is a bit off due to my way overdue visit to get my machine serviced. I cleaned and oiled my machine twice during the quilting process as well as changed my needle twice. I did the quilting in short sessions--usually just 2-3 bobbins at a time.
I rarely use applique, but I do love the texture created by all the raw edges.
The final size is 60" x 85". It's a bit more narrow than I planned. I used twin sheets and should have used full size sheets. They shrunk more than I planned after washing. I would have preferred a width of about 65".
I actually have a lot of the 5" and 3" circles left over. I way overestimated how many it would take to make the quilt. I'm still debating on keeping them or selling them on Etsy. I'm not sure I have another bubble quilt in me.
We tested it on Miss C's bed. A pillow case came with the green sheet set I purchased so I appliqued some circles on the hem just because.