Here's the rundown:
- Each participant will be assigned ONE color. You must buy five different yards of fabric in that color (varying shades are appropriate such as a pink fabric for the red group). You will then cut these into 5" charms, sort them and ship to me (I will provide very specific instructions on how to sort). One yard must be a solid, the other four yards will be prints. A self-addressed-stamped envelope must be included (a priority envelope will be the best option for the amount of fabric being shipped).
- You must be on Flickr and agree to participate in the swap group. There will be discussion groups for each color assignment. You will be paired with three to five other participants with the same color assignment. You are expected to work together as a group to choose the best fabrics for your color and avoid duplication.
- Quilt shop quality fabric only. The only exception is Kona brand solids from Jo-Ann's or Hobby Lobby. Large scale fabrics are not appropriate unless they are tone on tone or white on tone. Prints may include additional colors as long as they do not detract from the target color.
- You will send me 5 sets of 56 charms and receive 280 different charms back.
- There is no fee for US participants, but you must include a SASE with adequate postage.
- The shipping fee for Canadian swappers is $14.00 USD. The shipping fee for participants from any other country outside the US is $18.00 USD. International swappers may purchase fabrics from a US vendor and have them shipped directly to me. I will cut and sort your charms for a $5.00 fee. All fees are billed through PayPal.
- US swappers must ship by March 31. Swappers from any other country must ship by March 21.
- The link to sign up for the group will post here Thursday, March 1 at 2:00 p.m. MST. If you aren't available to register at this time, please make arrangements for a friend to register for you. I anticipate the group will fill quickly. (Information required includes name, email, mailing address, flickr photostream link, & paypal email for those outside the US).