Sometimes I love a quilt pattern enough that I want to try it again, mixing it up the second time. While I was in the middle of my scrappy chevron quilt, I decided to cut my Brrr fabrics and make a second chevron quilt with the red and green fabrics.
When Laurie Wisbrun asked if she could send me some of her new fabric to play with I was flattered and a bit overwhelmed. I wanted to come up with something that was my style while showing off these fun prints. I really like how it came out. I think this quilt pattern is one of my new favorites. The quilt size is about 63" x 80" after shrinkage.
I wanted to stick almost exclusively to the fabrics Laurie sent. I received 1 yard of each print--six prints total in this color way. I only used a 1/2 yard of the red snow flakes because I wanted to save the other 1/2 for my project I have in mind for the red/blue colorway. The only additional fabrics I added were Kona Cardinal, Kona White, and Pure Elements in Ash.
I designed the back such that I could use all my leftover fabric. I wanted to leave some of the prints quite large so you could really see them. For the binding, I used 4 strips of the stripe fabric and 3 strips of the green snowflake. I've never cut it so close on a binding before. I cut 1/2" off my binding strip before sewing it up. It was almost the perfect length.
I quilted this in a grey thread. I simply stitched on either side of each seam, following the chevron design.
Of those 5 1/2 yards, this is all I have left. I felt pretty happy about using it all up in a quilt that will be loved.
Thanks so much Laurie for giving me this chance! I had a lot of fun with your fabric!