Yesterday was a terrible, horrible, awful, miserable bad day (or however the line goes from the children's book). I won't go into details here, but suffice it to say, the Mini-Destroyers struck again. It was bad this time. The hubs came home to an extremely frazzled wife. After I had a good cry, he sent me downstairs to sew while he put the kiddos to bed. I actually got quite a bit done last evening. It was truly a nice break from the craziness of my day.
First off I made this scarf using the scraps from my shirt. I used the tutorial from Stop Staring and Start Sewing. It seriously took me 10 minutes to put it together and will be perfect with my favorite grey sweater once autumn hits around here.
I also basted this guy. You won't see finished pictures of this project for about a month though.
I cut all my strips for my argyle quilt. I've had serious debates about what to do with the quilt-along I proposed for this quilt. I've tried to nail down dimensions and come up with a pattern of sorts to guide people through a quilt-along, but kept questioning myself. I kept worrying that people might want to make a different size, incorporate more or fewer colors, etc. Also, several other things have come up that will be taking a lot of my time over the next few months. Rather than giving you a pattern and hosting a quilt-along, I plan to simply share my process in multiple posts. I have a hard time sewing from patterns and an even harder time actually writing one down. When it comes to quilting I just sort of wing-it. Although the quilt-along sounded like a lot of fun, I'm going to take the easier route and record my process of putting this quilt together. It will end up being a glorified tutorial, but I think it will be adequate information for anyone who wants to make their own argyle quilt.
Finally, I have this charity quilt all basted and ready to quilt. Members of my quilt guild made the blocks and I've put them together. Someone donated the fabric for the borders and batting. I plan to finish this one up in the next couple weeks.
Not exactly a work in progress, but this is what I received from UPS yesterday. Yes, that would be 14 cans of 505 basting spray. Before you begin to believe I've completely lost it, this is a group buy between seven people. It's still a lot of glue.
I have a few other projects in the works, but as you all know Christmas is creeping up on us. That means many projects will have to wait for months to be seen.
Last of all, just so I don't leave you with a horrible impression of my kiddos--here is a cute picture of them this morning. This is another WIP--getting in shape. My goal is to take the twins biking on the mornings Miss C has preschool. They tolerate the trailer and whine a bit, but I think they are so dang cute in the helmets. I'll tell you when they decide they are done they are loud, but it also gives me incentive to ride faster when they're screaming to get out.