When I get close to finishing a quilt, I usually really push to get it done. There is just something about the light at the end of the tunnel that makes me want to finish it quickly. This one was no different. I finished piecing the back on Tuesday morning at 1:30 a.m. I even thought about basting it but realized I didn't have enough batting. The three little monkeys and I took a trip to Jo-Ann's Tuesday morning for batting (which is an adventure all its own). Miss C "helped" me baste it Tuesday afternoon while the twins napped, and I quilted and bound it after putting the kids to bed.
I've decided this quilt does not actually have a front or a back, just Side A and Side B.
I really love this one. I debated on doing it rectangle or square and am so glad I went with this layout. I just think it works perfectly with the blocks.
I used Lynne's block design from Lily's Quilts. The blocks are 18" finished.
My favorite block is the green square.
I was going to be super boring and back this quilt with a green Ikea sheet. The hubs gave me a few ideas which transformed into this quilt. I love it so much that I almost made it a quilt all its own. My inspiration was this quilt from Film in the Fridge. This was a lot of fun to put together. I used almost all my stash of Tufted Tweets in grass, but I think it's a great place to use it.
The binding is a scrappy assortment of greens from the quilt.
The final quilt size is 72" x 72". This quilt was made totally from my stash with the exception of buying some additional Kona white. It's always great to make a fun quilt from fabric I love and have on hand.