Frequently, I make it partway into a project and realize it's just not working out the way it did in my head and have to change things up. I haven't done any work on the Stargate quilt in more than a week. I was stuck and just wasn't feeling the four circles. I also realized it was going to be quite a large quilt with my original plans and decided I actually wanted it to be a smaller lap quilt. I was also stuck debating on the color for the background fabric. I had a bit of inspiration last night and decided to change things up quite a bit.
Instead of doing four Dresden circles, I decided to break them up and use them for the back of the quilt in an Oh, Fransson New Wave style. I'm a big fan of double-sided quilts. I'm planning to sash them with Kona Coal in with a 1/2" or 3/4" finished strip.
For the front, I'm planning to use white for the background fabric, although I think I'll use Kona Coal for the center of the Dresden. I'm using those charms I cut to make HST for borders. Currently, I'm feeling a couple borders of scrappy flying geese. Now, I'm off to cut coal sashing and lots of white squares to pair with my charms for the HST.
It's nice to have direction again on this quilt.