As I was finishing up one of the blocks and sewing on the last piece, I noticed this on another strip already pieced into the log cabin. Yep, that's a slice in the fabric about 1/2" long. I was not super thrilled. Luckily, it was only one row down. I just unpicked things, replaced this strip and sewed it all back together. I'm not sure how it happened, but seeing how it's a nice, perfect slit, I'm guessing I did it with my rotary cutter sometime. I think I need to be more careful when I cut.
On a side note, Lee from Freshly Pieced tagged me to help spread the word about fabulous smaller blogs out there. It's just a little way to highlight those of us who are among the "little guys"—blogs with fewer than 300 followers. Here are a couple of my favorite "little guys" that you should check out. There are so many talented quilters out there. I love finding new people to follow.
Here are the rules:
- 1) Tell your readers who tagged you.
- 2) Add a link to their blog.
- 3) Award 3-5 bloggers who you think deserve this award.
- First up is Val from How About Pink Please. She sent me my super fun pillow for the most recent round of Pillow Talk Swap. Val is new to this blogging thing. Check out her cute work and say "hi".
- Next up is Amy aka Sukie. We met through quilt guild. She is just starting the Tokyo Subway quilt. I wish her luck.
- Finally, there is Jessica from Sew Crafty Jess. She has wonderful projects. I love the quilt she is finishing up right now.