I quilted my Hope Valley quilt this weekend. I am so happy to have this one done. I love it. I definitely learned some things on this one-- I don't have a perfect 1/4 inch seam allowance, and I need a brush up on my math skills. Both of these led to some frustration and material stretching and even a bit of cutting. Quilting covers lots of mistakes though.
I got my inspiration here: Red Pepper Quilts
Here is the back. I originally planned for the border to be the outer border on the front, but decided that would be too much.
My current project...This star has been the source of great frustration around here. It started out as an experiment with no final plan. It's my first attempt at diamonds and is certainly not perfect. I have changed my mind on what to do with this crazy thing many times and almost gave up when I sewed the whole thing together I realized I had some serious issues as it wasn't exactly flat. The center of the star bulged out a lot, but after 1/2 bottle of spray starch and a lot of ironing, I think we're good to go. I have a plan.