Here is my last skirt for Miss C for a while. I cut this out more than a month ago, but finally got around to sewing it last week. I ended up making it quite big--it's about 18 inches in length. I plan on her wearing it next year when she is taller. She really doesn't need a new skirt right now.
This skirt is simpler than the previous ones I made (very minimal piecing). The main body of the skirt is 12 inches long. The hem is 2 1/2 inches and the waist is 3 3/4 inches. The width of the floral fabric is 80 inches (two strips of fabric cut edge to edge and sewn together). The hem is 160, twice the skirt (four strips of fabric cut edge to edge).
I added pleats to the hem this time. I divided the skirt and the hem into 1/8s then pinned them together. I pinned the pleats in each individual section (about 6 pleats per section). I didn't measure and wasn't exact, but it was close enough. It turned out really cute.
Lately, I have been adding one extra detail on the waistband. I sew an extra seam about 1/8 inch from the top. It adds a puckered look to the waist. I think it gives it a bit more finished look.